I used the back piece and sleeves exactly from the pattern, but took the front pieces and cut them down significantly, so they met in the front without any drape. Then I cut a long piece of material 4 inches wide and 3x as long as the front of the cardigan (from the bottom on one side, around behind my neck and down to the bottom on the other side).
For the actual assembly, I followed the pattern directions exactly. It was extremely easy to put together and I love the way the sleeve ends finish with a cuff. Then I finished the raw edges in the front with bias tape and sewed my ruffle on top. I made a pink one last winter in a sweater knit and just finished a lavender one in a jersey knit. This has turned out to be one of my favorite projects!
Out with my adorable husband...
I have some aqua knit in my stash and definitely plan to make an actual cozy cardigan this winter!